Lesson & Session Update, December
Dear Students and Parents/Guardians,
As you know, the Government on Tuesday announced new measures as a response to our national situation with Covid 19.
What does this mean for lessons and sessions in Brú na Sí?
As a committee we have made the decision that it is important that we keep offering lessons where they have begun, and to keep going with the sessions on Friday evenings. In doing this we will do all that we can to protect the health and safety of our musical community
In order to reduce mixing, we have decided not to open any new classes before Christmas. This was not an easy decision to make, and was done so in the spirit of protecting our community. We sincerely hope that we will be able to open up lessons fully after Christmas – but this will depend on the public health situation.
- On arrival students will sign in and provide a contact phone number for the purposes of contact training.
- Parents/Guardians will be asked not to enter the building so as to reduce numbers indoors.
- Each week we will ask you to fill in a Covid declaration form. This will help to keep each of us alert to the symptoms of Covid, and is an extra step in protecting our community.
- In line with guidelines, students over 9 years of age will be expected to wear a mask. If a student is under 9 we encourage mask wearing.
- Students will be asked to sanitise their hands on arrival.
- Flute and Tin Whistle players will play behind Perspex screens.
- Chairs, door handles, etc will be sanitised after each group.
- Music lessons and sessions will take place in pods so as to reduce mixing and the possibility of spread.
What can you as a parent/guardian do?
- Never bring your son/daughter to classes or sessions if they are unwell
- Ensure that if your child is over 9 years of age that he/she will be wearing a mask
- Remind your child to sanitise their hands on arrival and as they leave Brú na Sí
What if you as a parent/guardian are uncomfortable?
- We absolutely trust that you will make the right decision for your child, and we will respect that
- If you decide that you’d prefer not to continue with attendance until Christmas, please let us know so that we can plan accordingly.