Following the success of our summer festival in 2016, we are looking forward to a action packed Tóstal an tSean Thoir 2017. we hope it will provide a summer of exciting events to suit all.
This year, we have a range of concerts, workshops in the pipeline with many more being added:
- 9th June, 8pm – Cordeen live in concert at Brú na Sí
- Sunday 18th June, 2pm – Unveiling of the ‘Kindred Spirits’ sculpture at Bailick Park, Midleton, Co. Cork. This sculpture commemorates the kind donation that the Choctaw Indians gave to Ireland during the famine of 1847.
- 21st June – 25th June – We welcome back Daithí Kearney and Adéle Commins to Youghal for a series of workshops and a concert, which will include the launch of their CD ‘A Louth Lilt’
- Saturday, 24th June 10am – Abair Trad Symposium – exploring Clár Éire Ildánach, the Creative Ireland Programme. This symposium is being held at the Red Store in Youghal. Attendance is free but please REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
- Saturday, 15th July 10am – Feis, Ceol agus Rinnce
- Saturday, 15th July 8.30pm – Céili with Donie Nolan & Taylor’s Cross at Youghal Community Centre
- Saturday, 12th August 8pm – Cherish the Ladies in concert (venue TBD)
In addition to the above, Ceolta Sí will continue with their summer shows every Monday and Thursday in July and August.
For more information on any of the above events or to reserve tickets, please contact Youghal@Comhaltas.net or call 087 793 4504.